|Based on:||Atheme (mostly), Shrike (partially)|
More detailed information
The Xtheme IRC Services is a fork of Atheme, which was first released in 2005. The Xtheme Development Group decided to keep the project alive and re-brand it when the Atheme Development Group decided to end future releases. The Atheme Group has since been resumed by the developers of 3 Atheme forks - Shalture, Xtheme and Zohlai. Xtheme will continue to remain active in development for the time being until a lot of new functionality can be brought over to Atheme.
It is built on top of the IRC handling core of Shrike, which is a legacy minimalists package.
Xtheme allows you to convert old Anope databases to be used in Xtheme to allow an easy change.
SWI is a website interface for the Xtheme services which makes the core features of Xtheme accessible, via the networks website with additional tools for network staff. This allows ease of use for opers and users alike because they can now easily modify the ChanServ and NickServ accounts on the website. Xtheme allows the use FLAGS and/or XOP.
Supported IRC daemons
- Asuka 1.2.1 or later
- Bahamut 1.8.x
- Beware IRCd (bircd)
- IRCNet ircd (ircd 2.11)
- ircu 2.10.11.07 or later
- Hybrid 7.1.2 and later
- Nefarious 0.4.0 or later
- ShadowIRCd 5.0 or later
- UltimateIRCd 3.0 or later
- UnrealIRCd 3.2/4
Supported web frontends
Special services bots
- Channels that wish to not register with Services can be managed/reop'd by ChanFix Service.
- ChanFix does not have any user-level commands, however Staff with appropriate flags can initiate Automatic Fixes, view Channel Information, and view the Channel Op Scores for a channel.
- Group Management Service allowing for easier maintenance of channel access, memos and vhosts among Groups.
- Groups can be set to be OPEN or private groups.
- Flags are used, similar to channels.
- Part of the integration with IRCv3, AUTHCOOKIE, SWI, and Iris Web Client.
- Users connect using SSL and SASL Authentication, and allows users to identify to their client before their connection is fully registered.
- SaslServ does not have any public commands.
- GameServ provides a small number of entertaining things. It will allow integration into the channel per channel owner's request.
- GameServ does not have any true "games" such as Uno, or Spin the Bottle. Expect to see this in the future.
- InfoServ provides advanced logon news and global messaging services.
- News can be read on login or at any later point in time. Global notices are sent when news is added.
- InfoServ can be integrated into a network's website using XMLRPC.